1. Title: Bathing Dementia Residents
2. Keywords/Themes: Aggressive Behaviors, Physical
Environment, Effective Communication, Pain Control, Bathing Techniques
goal of this course is for nursing home staff to be able to use strategies and
techniques to make bathing enjoyable for residents with dementia.
4. Intended Audience: nursing
assistants and nurses at nursing homes
5. Learning Objectives:
Upon completion of this course, you will be
- Describe the factors that contribute to aggressive
behaviors during bathing for residents with dementia.
- Identify the components of the four strategies of how to
improve the bathing experience of residents with dementia.
- Recognize when to stop the bathing experience of residents
- Apply the strategies of improving bathing experience to
help residents with dementia feel safe, remain calm, and enjoy
6. Pre-requisites/Learning Level: No pre-requisites
7. Competencies addressed:
3: Communication Skills
3A2. Communicates in writing
and orally with linguistic and cultural proficiency (e.g., using
age-appropriate materials, incorporating images).
8. CEUs Offered: none
9. Cost: Free
10. Modality/format: Online Self-Pace
11. Length: 1 hour
12. Presenter(s) and/or Content
Experts: Kelly McGee
13. Technical requirements:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Flash Player
14. Registration requirements: Register a free account
15. Creation and/or update: November 4, 2014