The goal of this course is to provide the information and tools necessary to enable first responders to prepare their families for an emergency event.
This course is intended for first responders and their family members. (Family members do not need to take the online course, but are encouraged to participate in the printed activities once the course is completed).
Capability 1: Community Preparedness
- Function 1: Determine risks to the health of the jurisdiction
- Function 2: Build community partnerships to support health preparedness
4.1 Maintain personal/family emergency preparedness plans.
- 4.1.1 Describe essential elements of an emergency plan.
- 4.1.2 Create a family emergency plan.
- 4.1.3 Communicate and plan with your family and community.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of family preparedness for a first responder.
- Use tools and guidelines to implement four steps to family preparedness: 1) Get a Kit, 2) Make a Plan, 3) Be Informed and 4) Get Involved.
- Utilize online resources as needed to learn how best to include family members with special needs in your emergency plans.