This course will cover resources that provide information on finding data on health disparities.
- History, definition of health disparities and how health disparities intertwined with the social determinants of health.
- Online resources for accessing data on health disparities
- Scenario Practices
You will have the opportunity to watch the simulation and then practice it where you have the chance to apply the knowledge.
Public health professionals and healthcare providers interested working with non-native English speakers that needs to provide access to reliable health information.
At the end of this training module, you will be able to:
- Discuss health disparities in public health.
- Identify at least three online resources for accessing health disparity data.
- Analyze resources to access data on health disparities.
Core Competencies for Public Health Professionals
Domain 3: Communication Skills
- Analytical/Assessment Skills: 1A2 – Identifies quantitative and qualitative data and information (e.g., vital statistics, electronic health records, transportation patterns, unemployment rates, community input, health equity impact assessments) that can be used for assessing the health of a community.
- Cultural Competence: 4A1 – Describes the concept of diversity as it applies to individuals and populations (e.g., language, culture, values, socioeconomic status, geography education, race, gender, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, profession, religious affiliation, mental and physical abilities, historical experiences)
Public Health 3.0
- Foundational Infrastructure – Focusing on equity and cultural competence
Is offered part of the series, 1.0 hour of MLA CE (Medical Library Association)
Presenter(s) and/or Content Experts
Derek Johnson, MLIS
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Flash Player
Register a free account
Creation and/or update
Released March 2018