The University of Iowa College of Public Health's Upper Midwest Public Health Training Center (UMPHTC), in cooperation with the Iowa Counties Public Health Association (ICPHA), has developed a series of practiced-based educational programs targeted toward new public health administrators and nursing administrators. The programs are part of the Institute's continuing effort to provide training to strengthen the skills and knowledge of the current public health workforce
Public health administrators and nurse administrators who are relatively new in their positions (3 years or less) and who seek to enhance their skills and knowledge
At the conclusion of this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss Public Health's scope of practice (i.e. the Ten Essential Public Health Services).
- Describe the rationale for Strategic Planning in Public Health.
- Discuss the guiding principles of strategic planning.
- Discuss the major questions that should be addressed during the strategic planning process.
- Analytical/Assessment Skills
- Policy Development/Program Planning Skills
- Leadership and Systems Thinking Skills
Presenter(s) and/or Content Experts
Janan Wunsch-Smith, BSN
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Flash Player
Register a free account
Creation and/or update
August 22, 2014