The course is designed for professionals who work with children. The goal is to provide them with the required training for Universal Precautions.
The intended audience for this course are child care providers, bus drivers, janitorial staff, and anyone else who may come into contact with bodily fluids or blood in the course of their work in a child care environment.
The length of time for participants to take this course is estimated to be 1 hour.
There are four sections in this course:
- Section 1: How Germs Spread
- Section 2: How You Can Protect Yourself and Others
- Section 3: Child Care Business Policy and Practice
After completing these sections, you will be presented with two learning activities and a case scenario.
A Certificate of Completion is awarded on successful completion of this course.
In order to successfully complete this course, you MUST:
- View every page of the course.
- Watch all four sections of video presentation entirely.
- Complete all review questions and activities.
- Score 80% or higher on the Post-test. The Post-test will cover the handouts, the review questions and the activities as well as the presentations.
- Spend a minimum of 1 hour on the entire course.
Please note: This online course is intended for individual use only. Groups cannot view the content together for credit. Only the person logged into the course can receive credit for the training.
If you do not receive 80% on the post-test, you may review the material and re-take it. The post-test will become available for a re-take 48 hours after your first attempt.